Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Day I Met HRH The Countess Of Wessex!



Today was the day HRH The Countess of Wessex came to Bromyard and what a great 45 mins it was ! All the weeks of planning and preparation was well worth it and the nerves went out the window. The afternoon went to plan in a very informal and relaxed way,the friendly atmosphere was quite a surprise to me and I'm not sure where the heirs and graces were ? The Countess was lovely, very chatty and interested in everything we all had to say, and she was great with the kids. I finally got my thinking cap on and produced the gifts for her and her children, a brooch for her, a hairbrush and bookmark for James Viscount Severn (age 2) and a necklace and bookmark for The Lady Louise Windsor (age 6). I guess I'll never know what she and her children think of them but to hand over 5 pieces of my handiwork to a member of the Royal Family is quite something !

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great chance for you. I'm sure they'll love your gifts; they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lets hope so, someone has said I may get a thankyou letter ? I'll let you know !

    ReplyDelete